Consulting & Support
A list of the services offered by the data center including short descriptions can be found in the tab "Services". Beyond this brief definition, the data center documentation contains detailed descriptions of the use of the services as well as, in individual cases, additional information about their background, application scenarios and possible uses.
Under doku.tu-clausthal.de you will find a thematic grouping of the existing manuals in the left-hand area. If you are stuck with the documentation, please use the search function or contact us directly via the support channels shown.
The Computer Center supports employees of Clausthal University of Technology in using the services provided by the Computer Center with a device supplied by the company. Generally supported services include e-mail, network drives, printing, WLAN/VPN, telephony, etc. - You will find further services in our services overview. Please send us inquiries generally as e-mail to our ticket system or call us (extension -2626).
- People work in the computer center. They not only have several tasks but are also sometimes ill or on vacation. If you write "us"an e-mail, your request will be sorted into our ticket system and several employees can take care of your request. If you contact a member of staff directly, this is not possible.
- You will receive a ticket number from the ticket system. This serves us rz-weit as a reference to your request. Unfortunately, in the past it has happened time and again that several employees have tried to process the same request - one via ticket, one via telephone. Therefore, please also indicate in a later telephone call that you have already opened a ticket on this subject.
- Making an appointment makes life easier for both sides, provided there is no urgency: We try to deal with a request quickly. However, this is only possible if requests reach us with a certain time cushion and interruptions due to "emergencies" are limited to the necessary extent.
- If you report a problem to us, a screenshot of the error message or at least its mention is very helpful. This way we can clarify the background of your report before contacting you and, if necessary, check and correct a fault in our systems.
- If you send us your request from your TU mail address, we can assign it directly to you - this is not possible with addresses from external mail services. We send license keys for software exclusively to TU-Mail addresses.
The data center helpdesk is a central point of contact between users* and the data center. Here you will find a personal contact person* for IT problems in the university area - for example, if you have been assigned a computer center account, lost your password or need to configure a program to use central computer center services (eduroam, Stud.IP, printing services, software, etc.).
Fault reports, e.g. errors occurring in the PC pools, are also received here and forwarded to the responsible staff* in the computer center for rectification. Our employees at the RZ-Helpdesk are available during opening hours in the basement of the data center (Erzstraße 18, Building B5, Room 043 - follow the green arrows on the floor).